Today, Intel released some new information on the upcoming 11th Gen Core S-series desktop processors that they will launch in Q1 2021. These 11th Gen chips bring with them a new architecture, Cypress Cove. Per Intel, this new architecture is “designed to transform hardware and software efficiency and increase performance.” One key item that Intel confirmed today is that we can expect double-digit improvement in IPC over the 10th Gen processors. Some additional information can be found below.
- New Cypress Cove architecture featuring Ice Lake Core architecture and Tiger Lake Graphics architecture.
- Double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement.3
- Better gen-over-gen performance.
- Up to 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes4 for more configuration flexibility.
- Enhanced Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe Graphics architecture.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video, offering better video transcoding and hardware acceleration for latest codecs.
- New overclocking features5 for more flexible tuning performance.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost and VNNI support.