..:: Introduction ::..
Albatron hasn’t been around all that long in the world of motherboards when placed in comparison to the big players such as ASUS, ABIT, or Gigabyte. When they burst on the scene with new products in 2002, many were quick to jump at the opportunity to see what they were about. Albatron has actually been around for quite some time but it was only in 2002 that they changed their corporate name to Albatron Technology, and began to make headway into the graphics, LCD monitor, and motherboard markets. Not too long after the capacitor leakage problems, Albatron came out publicly to announce that they would only utilize high quality Japanese made capacitors from the likes of Sanyo and Panasonic. This statement perked my interest because it goes to show that Albatron is taking the necessary steps to ensure a quality product is delivered to the consumer, a fact that we here at MBR look for in new motherboard manufacturers. Today, we’ll be taking a look at the first Albatron motherboard to enter our hands, the “Prescott” supporting PX875P Pro. Albatron make some rather high claims when it comes to the capabilities of the PX875P Pro, mainly in that it is capable of supporting the Pentium 4 processor all the way to the 1.2GHz FSB mark. Is this true, or nothing more than another marketing spin with no basis to it? Let’s find out.
..:: Albatron PX875P Pro Specifications ::..
- CPU Socket 478 on board, Supporting Intel® Pentium 4 Processor
- (Prescott / Northwood / Celeron)
- North Bridge : Intel 875P
- South Bridge : Intel ICH5
- LAN Chip : 3Com 3C920
- Audio Codec : Realtek ALC655
- I/O Chip: Winbond Smart I/O W83627THF
- 4 DDR DIMM 184-Pin Slots
- DDR400/333/DDR266 ECC/NON-ECC DDR SDRAM up to 4GB
- Note 1: If the FSB of your CPU is 400 MHz, the memory speed supports only DDR 266
- Note 2: If the FSB of your CPU is 533 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333
- Note 3: If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333/400
- 1 x AGP 8X
- 5 x PCI
- 2 x UDMA/133/100/66
- 1 x FDD
- 2 x SATA
- 6 x USB 2.0
Back Panel I/O Ports
- 1 x Parallel, 2 x Serial
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard, 1 x PS/2 Mouse
- 1 x Audio I/O (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x RJ-45 Port
- Zero Jumper Design
- Adjustable CPU by 1 MHz increment, Adjustable Vcore, VAGP, VMemory for overclocking.
- Watch Dog Timer
- AGP Protection